Heart Shaped Strawberry Dog Cookies – How To Video
Valentine’s day is for love. Spoil your furry soulmate with these delightful heart shaped cookies!
Dried strawberry gives just a hint of natural sweetness, while the almond flour used provides a wonderful nutty flavour. They’re gluten free, low in sugar and vegetarian. Best of all, they are super easy to make!
Watch our how to video (featuring Dora, Daisy, Sophia & Phoebe) below.
2 Free Range Eggs
1 and 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
3-4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup Dried Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Beat 2 eggs and set aside.
- Combine your almond flour, coconut oil and dried strawberries together in a bowl.
- Once combined, pour in the eggs and mix together with your hands. The dough will be very wet.
- Begin adding in your coconut flour one TBSP at a time, mixing in each one after added. You want to achieve a consistency that is easy to roll and not super sticky. This will require between 3-4 TBSP depending on your brand of flour and size of your eggs. The dough should easily form a ball.
- Rollout your dough and cut out the treats using bite sized cookie cutters. Hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day, I used this mini cutter. Tip: Sprinkle a little coconut flour on top of your dough to keep it from sticking to the cookie cutters.
- Place your treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until crisp.
- Makes approx. 15 treats (dependant on size of cutter). Let cool before giving to your pooch – Enjoy!
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Heart Shaped Strawberry Cookies For Your Dog and For You, by the Purplebone Dog Blog… 23rd February 2017